link and page content

Welcome to my blog. Click here if you are interested in viewing my Learning to Navigate Blindness Website.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 2012 Open House

Our Imperial Flyers Open House went well. My kids and Matt both went up. It was so cute watching my kids hang on for dear life and then smile BIG after landing. They were just getting the hang of swinging.


As for me, well it's only been a month!!! But I am getting really close to catching a layout to the catcher. My timing is off. Timing is so critical and easy to mess up. I finally have my swing down much better and a good take off so at least my swing isn't being completely deadened/dampened before executing the trick. A really good swing can make a flyer a really good one, so I'm working hard on making it better everytime I go to practice.
I am really trying to restrain myself and have patience. Being a gymnast spoiled me and I just want stuff NOW. :-)
I am moving very fast so I should be nice to myself about it. Most people wouldn't dream of learning a flyaway in a month, much less to a catcher. So what the hey!! I'm already ahead of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment