link and page content

Welcome to my blog. Click here if you are interested in viewing my Learning to Navigate Blindness Website.

Friday, June 1, 2012

Flying Trapeze

I just recently joined Imperial Flyers, the oldest trapeze group located outside Denver. Having been a gymnast in the past I caught on quickly and find myself constantly playing moves in my head that I want to learn ASAP. I know I know...patience is a virtue! But I just want to get up and knock my socks off! It's so exhilirating and tons of fun! I have almost no fear and when I do it's such a rush to stare at it straight in the face. But I'm being waylaid by rips. Two nasty dime sized ones in the middle of both palms. Grrr! Made practicing pole a bit of a challenge. I just don't have a lot of calluses yet. With work feeling like such a drag bc my experiments are failing all over the place, it is nice to have something to look forward to that I'm actually somewhat decent at.

No comments:

Post a Comment