link and page content

Welcome to my blog. Click here if you are interested in viewing my Learning to Navigate Blindness Website.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Caught a layout

I'm so psyched!!! I finally caught my first layout to the catcher tday. I did lose my grip with one hand and while Bruce and I tried to hang onto each other Physics won in the end. I peeled off and got a nice net burn. But I don't care. I caught the trick and that's all I care about. The burn was inconsequential compared to my excitement. :)

I wished I had it on video but I don't. I got the miss before that one on video. My timing was off and the swing was bad. If you noticed I barely had a hard kick back and my toes were too close to the bar on the downswing causing me to break early and therefor release too early. So I wasn't higher than my catcher. My form was crappy too. Although the layout itself was nice form...but that's bc I'm a gymnast and know how to do flips.



I feel good about my catch though on the last one and that's what matters at the end of practice.  Ending on a good one!!!

Here's some layouts I was working on last week. Unfortunately my timing was still off and I was unable to catch them. Also for some reason I'm not getting good height on the backend of my swing. Perhaps moving up to a higher riser would help. But I have to be even more conscious that my take off is correct and not fall forward.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4idJkH_zFbs

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjRYW32D-KQ

No comments:

Post a Comment