link and page content

Welcome to my blog. Click here if you are interested in viewing my Learning to Navigate Blindness Website.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

shoulder injuries

I have found that since I started flying my shoulders have been getting more and more painful. My chiropractor says it's scar tissue. My guess is from gymnastics and then not using them all these years. So now I'm trying to keep up with exercises to exercise them. A number of flyers on my crew have shoulder surgery scars and I really don't want the smae thing. So I'm doing what I can to exercise them and ice them after practice.

I can no longer extend them completely during a swing and just hanging on the bar is painful. But apparently if I stop exercising my scar tissue will just build up and then when I go back to training it'll hurt all over again. So I just have to push through. But hey, for an ex-gymnast that should be easy as pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment