link and page content

Welcome to my blog. Click here if you are interested in viewing my Learning to Navigate Blindness Website.

Monday, July 16, 2012

July Open house

Flying trapeze open house was interesting to say the least. We didn't have many people but there were a few young kids that had a lot of drama. One girl got to the top, grabs the pedestal and starts screaming. Tony had to peel her fingers off and let her go. She liked it enough to go up 4 more times. BUT she did the same screaming panic every time she went up. Geez!!!

Abby did her first knee hang trick. Yeah!!! I was so excited.


Afterwards we flew some. I caught a layout to Jon but the person holding my ropes pulled too hard right when I caught and it jerked me pretty hard causing my swing to stop dead. My ribs are sore today. This is evidence of why it's important to spot ropes correctly.
Also started trying to throw my double backs to the net and open up with my body as if I'll be going to a catcher. It's hard timing the open up at the right time.

I also landed an aerial at gymnastics on Saturday. Yeah...getting some stuff back.

No comments:

Post a Comment